The Organizing and Program Committees for the 8th ISAAH are pleased to provide to our attendees 5 opportunities to participate in Pre-Conference Workshops on a range of applied aquatic animal health subjects (see below): Diagnostic Test Evaluations, Publishing Piscatorial Papers, Clinical Pathology, Shellfish Necropsy and Virtual Microscopy.
These workshops will be hosted, at no charge, by the Atlantic Veterinary College (AVC) at the University of Prince Edward Island on Sunday September 2, 2018. Four of the workshops are targeted for Veterinary Continuing Education Credits for Veterinarians, Veterinary Nurses and Veterinary Technologist. As there will be no charge for these workshops, each has been assigned a limited number of participants and these openings will be offered on a first come first serve basis at the time of conference registration.
The AVC has graciously agreed to provide space for the workshops as well as refreshment to the attendees. Bus transportation to the workshop from the ISAAH Convention Center will be provided to those needing transportation. All attendees must register in advance for the ISAAH to be able to participate in any of the workshop. Attendee registration packets will be distributed at the AVC during the workshop activities. Descriptions of each workshop and workshop leaders are listed below.
Questions regarding these workshops should be directed through the “Contact” button on the ISAAH website.
Sunday Morning – September 2, 2018:
- Publishing Piscatorial Papers: The Dos and Don’ts (40 participants)
Sunday – Full day – September 2, 2018:
- Evaluation of diagnostic sensitivity and specificity of tests for aquatic animal diseases: (Tips, tricks and traps) (20 participants)
Sunday Afternoon – September 2, 2018:
- Phlebotomy and Blood Analysis for Fish and Invertebrates (30 participants)
- Uses of Virtual Microscopy in Diagnostic Fish Pathology (30 participants)
- Practical Bivalve Shellfish Disease Detection and Necropsy (20 participants)