Monday, September 3rd – 9:30 am – 10:30 am
“Current Challenges in Aquatic Animal Health in 10 minutes or less”
Interested in learning more about today’s top “pain points” in aquatic animal health? Join us for this fast-paced session where industry leaders from a variety of specializations will share their company’s most current innovation challenges. This session is a great way to kick-start your conference networking opportunities and set you up for partnering session success for the ISAAH Conference.
10:30 – 11:00 Refreshment & Networking Break – 11:00 am – 12:15 pm
“Swimming in Schools – The Case for Collaboration”
Synapse CEO, Dr. Justin Moores will moderate this panel discussion on the role of collaborative innovation and why it makes sense in the current ecosystem. Panelists from academia, small business, and multinationals will share their viewpoints on how successful collaborations form and grow.
Ocean Supercluster Workshop
Tuesday & Wednesday, September 4th & 5th – 9:30 am – 12:15 pm
“Unmet Needs & Breakthrough Technologies in Fish Health & Nutrition:
A two-part think tank”
The Ocean Supercluster is one of five superclusters recently approved under Canada’s Innovative Superclusters Initiative. The Ocean Supercluster is an industry-led collaboration that will build Canada’s ocean economy into one of the country’s most significant and sustainable value-creating economic segments. It is a national undertaking, with investment from companies across Canada, partnerships with post-secondary institutions, indigenous groups, and international partners.
The partnership spans the ocean economy, including fisheries, aquaculture, oil and gas, marine bio products, transportation, defence, marine renewables, and ocean technology. Through the Ocean Supercluster, companies are collaborating to define a shared innovation roadmap based on common challenges and requirements.
Supercluster partners are currently developing the bases for specific multi-year, multi-million project proposals in fish health and fish nutrition, focused on the development and commercialization of technologies and products that will create breakthrough impacts in the global finfish aquaculture industry.
Join us for Canada’s Ocean Cluster Workshop – a two-part think tank where invited speakers and facilitated discussions will challenge participants to move beyond incremental improvements to bold new approaches that address the big challenges and opportunities in fish health and nutrition for global aquaculture.
- “Overview of the Ocean Supercluster Initiative” – Rory Francis, Executive Director, Prince Edward Island BioAlliance & member of the Oceans Supercluster team, representing marine biotechnology and fish health and nutrition capabilities in the region
- “De-risking Aquaculture: Can new technology solutions in fish health and fish nutrition enable sustainable growth” – Dr. Francisco Saraiva Gomes, CEO and Director, Pontos Aqua, New York, USA
Registration for the Ocean Supercluster workshop is free.
- If you are not registered to attend the ISAAH and want to register for the Free Oceans Supercluster Workshop ONLY, please RSVP HERE
- If you would like to Register to attend the entire ISAAH conference, please Register HERE
- If you are already registered for ISAAH and would like to attend the Ocean Supercluster Workshop, please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org