Local Printing: For those wishing to have their posters or other materials printed beforehand, here is a local Charlottetown printer:
91 Euston Street, Charlottetown, PEI
Open: Monday to Friday
Tips for Preparation:
Posters should stimulate discussion; avoid long wordy presentations. Keep text to a minimum, emphasize graphics and make efficient use of space
- Use handouts to supplement poster presentations.
- Materials should be easily read at a distance up to 4 feet. Carelessly prepared handwritten copy is unacceptable. Use a font size 14 point or greater and double space.
- Place related materials (e.g. photo with accompanying text) close together and highlight by framing with blank space.
- Space your information proportionally: divide your poster either horizontally or vertically into three or four sections. Place your material within those spaces.
- When choosing a background, neutral or gray colors are easier on the eyes than bright colors. Color photos look best when mounted on gray.
- Pushpins will be provided for your use.
- Posters should be 4 ft. (wide) by 4 ft. (tall). Your poster MUST NOT exceed the maximum dimensions. ( metric dimensions = 1.22 meters by 1.22 meters )
- Include author names and the institution where the work was completed in large letters centered at the top of the poster.
- Place a reproduction of the abstract in the upper left side of the poster.
- Use these headings: ”Introduction”, “Methods”, “Results” and “Conclusions” to identify your poster layout.