The AFS-FHS is pleased to announce that the Snieszko Student Travel Awards will be available to help students/young professionals defray the costs of attending the 8th International Symposium on Aquatic Animal Health in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada. The meeting will run from September 2-6, 2018. We anticipate 6 awards of up to $1500 USD each to allow students (undergraduates, graduates, or veterinary), post-docs, or residents to give an oral or poster presentation at the conference.
The requirements from student applications are as follows:
- Letter of application and statement of any special financial circumstances (i.e. not supported by a stipend, etc.)
- Curriculum vitae must be submitted along with three letters of recommendation
- Itemized budged on how money is to be spent, i.e. travel, meals, lodging and registration
- Copy of abstract of paper to be presented
- The student must be a member of the AFS/Fish Health Section
The applications will be judged by the following criteria:
- Quality of abstract
- Significance of/interest in the research
- Academic achievement
- Professional achievement
- Financial need
The deadline for submission of the FHS Student Travel Award Application is March 31, 2018.
For more details including application requirements, please refer to this FHS Webpage.
For questions or to submit an application, please email the Chair of the FHS Awards Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.